Sila has entered the collectiive imagination due to heavy snowfalls, the stable presence of wolves and the seasonal presence of porcini mushrooms, as well as its lakes.
In the heart of Sila is the Sila National Park that in all seasons of the year offers the visitor a changing landscape of extraordinary beauty, partly thanks to the presence of the so-called “giganti della Sila”, huge larch pines that can reach 43 meters in height.
Visitor Centers in the area can help tourists find their way around the Park. In the green museums, located in large natural settings, thematic narratives are developed that highlight particular aspects of the park.
- Mountain bike excursions, made possible by a series of cycling routes;
- Trekking along the many trails that have been laid out;
- Horseback riding in the different riding schools that are within the park;
- Cross-country and downhill skiing in the resorts of Camigliatello Silano and Villaggio Palumbo;
- Sailing and canoeing on lakes Arvo and Ampollino;
- Observation of birds and other species in Lake Ariamacina;
- Open farms;
- Rides with the park train.